Friday, July 09, 2004

What's My Motivation?

God has made 'good deed' appointments for us [see Ephesians 2:10]. He not only created the good deeds. He created us for them!

This week's question: Is it more important to perform these good works, or that we do them in the right spirit (frame of mind; heart attitude)?

Is obedience the higher call, or relationship? I believe these go hand-in-hand. But when you're just not 'feeling the love,' do you go ahead and act in obedience anyway?

What do we do and what we should do are often different things. I'd like to hear from you -- what do you believe is your calling and what is your actual experience with this situation?

God bless.

3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Dave King said...

In a Long Obedience in the Same Directions, Peterson argues that feelings follow action. So we worship weather or not we feel like it, and our feelings catch up. Kinda like Mike Roe's great song a Lutheran Hymn.

- Peace

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger ~B said...

I like your site. Keep it up.

www.solargrinfricke.blogspot.com

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a hard one to answer. If we are doing good deeds, but our heart is angry, are we really answering what God called us to do, but in the same thought, sometimes I don't feel like doing what God wants me to do, but I pray about it (most of the time if I'm smart) and almost always God changes my spirit from bad to good.

sgf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home